Administrative Assistant (6-9 month FTC)
Salary: Competitive (DOE)
THIS ROLE HAS NOW CLOSED
Click here to see our other current vacancies.
“Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and specialist legal team”
Invicta Law’s Community Care Group prides itself on offering expert legal advice to local authority clients on asylum, adult social welfare and community care issues. It’s drawn from lengthy experience and deep understanding of these complex areas of the law.
Due to the team’s growing workload, we have an exciting opportunity for someone to join the team this year for a fixed period to assist in providing administrative support to our lawyers.
Working alongside our secretaries, the role will include amongst other tasks photocopying, printing, scanning, updating calendars, opening files, answering the telephone, dealing with incoming and outgoing post and general maintenance of our electronic files.
We are looking for someone who is organised, approachable and able to work well under pressure and as part of a team. Due to the nature of the work, the job is likely to be office-based for most if not all of the fixed-term.
Educated to a GCSE standard (minimum of 4 graded A-C) including English, the successful candidate will have office administration experience, in particular a good level of typing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software. No previous legal experience is necessary as this is a junior role, but there may be future career development opportunities (depending upon business need), so we would particularly welcome applications from those with an interest in a career in law.
- Flexible Working (including opportunities for home working and job share)
- Group Pension Plan
- Enhanced Annual Leave
- Professional Fee Payment
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Statutory Pay
- Strong CPD opportunities
- Enhanced Sick Pay (based on length of service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Photocopying, printing and scanning.
- Updating Outlook calendars with key dates.
- Opening files.
- Dealing with incoming post.
- Preparing and sending out letter correspondence, as and when required.
- Answering telephone calls, directing/transferring calls to the relevant person or taking messages if they are unavailable.
- Saving documents into the case management system and tidying up electronic files where required.
- Creating and updating court bundles using the bundling software and sending by post or secure email.
- Redacting documents for disclosure.
- Obtaining counsel availability and fees for hearings.
- Processing invoices.
- General administrative tasks.
If you are interested, we would like to hear from you. Please submit a CV and covering letter (kept to a maximum of one side of A4) to InvictaLawHR@cantium.solutions.
The closing date for applications is 23rd June 2021.
For more information on working for Invicta Law, check out our Careers page.