Salary: Competitive, DOE
Invicta Law’s Community Care Group prides itself on offering expert legal advice to local authority clients on asylum, adult social welfare and community care issues. It’s drawn from lengthy experience and deep understanding of these complex areas of the law. We have an exciting opportunity for a Lawyer to join our team of experienced professionals for a permanent role.
This role can be fully remote and have the ability for the right candidate to live and work almost anywhere in the UK with some flexibility in working hours. There is also an expert IT support team available to offer remote technical support.
Due to the team’s growing workload, we are looking for a Lawyer to play a vital role in helping to deliver high-quality and value for money advice to key clients. Expert administrative support is on offer to allow you to focus on a varying and engaging caseload, providing advice to local authorities on age assessment challenges, unlawful immigration and asylum issues, duties and powers under the Children Act 1989 in relation to Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children and leaving care duties.
The successful candidate will have an interest in a career in asylum, human rights and litigation. They will have the ability to manage their own caseload and work effectively to high professional standards, including being able to respond quickly and accurately to urgent matters and deadlines. Direct experience of asylum work is not essential, but it would benefit the successful candidate.
- Flexible Working (including opportunities for home working and job share)
- Group Pension Plan
- Enhanced Annual Leave
- Professional Fee Payment
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Statutory Pay
- Strong CPD opportunities
- Enhanced Sick Pay (based on length of service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Modern offices in the heart of Maidstone
- Free Parking
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Act for local authorities in age assessment challenges, both pre-action and in judicial review proceedings
- Provide advice to local authority clients on their duties and powers under the Children Act 1989 in relation to Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children
- Advise local authority clients on their leaving care duties
- Must be able to quickly take on a busy caseload with minimal supervision
- Build strong and positive relationships with clients
- Be robust in dealing with opposition lawyers and calm and efficient in responding to urgent pre-action correspondence and urgent judicial review claims
- Time record accurately and manage time efficiently
- Maintain SRA standards and ethics at all times
If you are interested, we would like to hear from you. Please submit a CV and covering letter (please keep to a maximum of one side of A4) to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 6th May 2021.
If you would like any more information about the role including the full job description, please contact our HR Administrator Helen Wright on 03000 411100.
If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks of the closing date you have not been successful. For more information on working for Invicta Law, check out our Careers page.