Corporate and Commercial Legal Assistant
Salary: £16,000 - £19,000 pa (DOE)
Invicta Law’s Corporate and Commercial group offers leading expertise, commercial acumen and a service that itself represents exceptional value. The team advises on a wide range of corporate, contracts and procurement issues, including company law, academy conversions, information law, construction and state subsidy. We have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join our team of experienced professionals.
We are looking for a Legal Assistant to play a vital role in supporting the team to deliver high-quality and value for money advice to key clients within the Corporate and Commercial group. The role will also look to develop and apply the candidate’s professional knowledge and experience effectively in a legal environment.
The successful candidate will provide support to the team, demonstrate initiative and an ability to prioritise work to meet both internal and external deadlines. They will achieve and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, external practitioners and third parties.
Prior relevant experience as a legal assistant (or equivalent role) is required as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (training will be provided on our own in-house systems). Law degree or Completed ILEX Part I may be advantageous but not essential. The position will be predominantly office based, with some remote/flexible working available.
- Opportunities for job advancement and growth
- Flexible Working
- Group Pension Plan
- Enhanced Annual Leave
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Statutory Pay
- Strong CPD opportunities
- Enhanced Sick Pay (based on length of service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Modern offices
- Free Parking (if office based)
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide effective and efficient support to qualified lawyers and others as directed.
- Liaise effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Work to deadlines, and within agreed costings where directed.
- Achieve and maintain good working relationships with internal and external clients, colleagues, external practitioners and third parties.
- Support with the execution of legal agreements on behalf of clients, ensuring client governance requirements are fulfilled and all procedural steps correctly followed.
- Provide administrative cover for the Legal Secretary when on leave or absent.
- Support with the ongoing identification, development and review of Group processes and procedures.
- Carry out such other duties commensurate with the post as the Head of Group and Joint CEOs may require. This may include supporting other Groups.
If you are interested, we would like to hear from you. Please submit a CV and covering letter (please keep to a maximum of one side of A4) to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 14th May 2021.
If you would like any more information about the role including the full job description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03000 411100.
If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks of the closing date you have not been successful. For more information on working for Invicta Law, check out our Careers page.