Senior Corporate and Commercial Lawyer
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum DOE
Invicta Law’s Corporate and Commercial group offers leading expertise, commercial acumen and a service that itself represents exceptional value. The team advises on a wide range of corporate, contracts and procurement issues, including company law, academy conversions, information law, construction and state subsidy. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Lawyer to join our team of experienced professionals.
We are looking for an experienced solicitor with a broad range of good commercial contracts and procurement experience, ideally within a local government context. The post holder must be capable of working under pressure, taking initiative and adopting proactive approaches to deliver a fast and efficient service.
The successful candidate will be undertaking corporate and commercial legal work on behalf of Invicta Law’s clients and will also assist other members of the Corporate & Commercial Group in the effective management of their caseloads and deputise for the Head of Group when required.
A minimum of 6-7 years’ PQE is essential in the following areas: Construction, Procurement, Education law, Pensions and Contracts. Experience of working within the public sector and pursuing business development opportunities is also essential. This role has opportunities for remote/flexible working, with expectation to attend the office or client premises, as and when required for business need.
- Flexible Working (including opportunities for flexible and home working)
- Group Pension Plan
- Enhanced Annual Leave
- Professional Fee Payment
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Statutory Pay
- Strong CPD opportunities
- Enhanced Sick Pay (based on length of service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Modern offices
- Free Parking (if office based)
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct of corporate and commercial related legal matters including the drafting of all necessary legal and non-legal documentation involved.
- Support members of the Corporate & Commercial Group and provide advice to other Groups at Invicta Law, as necessary.
- Take an active role in the development of the Group’s client base, pursuing business development opportunities and taking part in marketing initiatives.
- Achieve and maintain a good working relationship with all clients and instructing officers of key clients and other Invicta Law staff.
- Support with the supervision of Trainee Solicitors, CILEx Trainees and other unqualified staff in accordance with the requirements of their relevant professional bodies and Invicta Law Policies.
- Participate in such Quality Assurance and other systems as may apply in Invicta Law, including internal and external audits.
- Carry out such other duties commensurate with the post as the Head of Group and Joint CEO’s may require.
- Maintain SRA standards and ethics at all times.
If you are interested, we would like to hear from you. Please submit a CV and covering letter (please keep to a maximum of one side of A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 14th May 2021.
If you would like any more information about the role including the full job description, please email email@example.com or call 03000 411100.
If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks of the closing date you have not been successful. For more information on working for Invicta Law, check out our Careers page.