Service Desk Technician – Apprentice
Salary: £14,000 pa
Invicta Law is private practice law firm which operates as an Alternative Business Structure, primarily providing legal services to the public sector. We deliver efficient, value for money, quality legal services in a sensitive, client-centric way to public sector bodies nationwide. Clients include councils, schools, voluntary and community organisations and emergency services.
Invicta Law’s IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for all internal IT related incidents and service requests.
The Service Desk Apprentice would be responsible for logging and resolving Incidents, as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services via an online Service Management System. Planning, communication, organisation and thinking outside of the box are all key requirements for the role.
This apprenticeship is supported by our training provider QA and follows the Institute of Apprenticeships Infrastructure Technician framework. It is envisaged that it will take between 12 and 18 months to complete this.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To accurately record, update and document Incident and Requests using the IT Service Desk application and assist users with any logged IT related incident.
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and across a range of software applications
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement workarounds with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible
- Escalating incidents to third party support companies and internal and external management where necessary
- Install and configure new IT equipment
- Resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware (including printers, copiers and scanners)
- Maintain a first-class level of customer service
- Ensuring that common processes, known issues and workarounds are documented, accessible to all and kept up to date to ensure that incidents can be resolved quickly and easily
- Ensuring that relevant Compliance and Security requirements are always met and considered
- Actively engaging and representing the team when working on company projects
- Procurement of IT hardware and software when required and keeping an up-to-date asset register of all company assets
- Administration of our SharePoint environment, including creating new folders and pages, and administering access permissions.
- Ensuring that broken and faulty equipment is replaced under warranty or disposed of promptly, in accordance with WEEE regulations
- Provide regular reporting to your line manager relating to your workload and any challenges being faced
Skills and Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- The successful candidate will have excellent customer service and communication skills, be able to use their initiative and have the ability to adapt to the needs of the role.
- No experience necessary, but a demonstrable passion for computing in your personal life would be beneficial to this role.