Salary: £19,500 - £22,000
We are delighted to offer up to 4 training contracts commencing in either April 2019 or October 2019, and seek talented, enthusiastic and personable individuals to work and develop their skills across the practice.
Purpose of the Job
At Invicta Law, our client-centric approach is supported by a series of values, putting the client at the centre of everything we do.
Our trainee solicitors will gain a broad experience throughout four training seats across our practice groups and develop the legal skills and knowledge necessary to become a solicitor, providing high quality advice and support to clients in a range of fields.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Run your own caseload (under supervision), providing high quality legal advice to our clients in terms that are clear and understandable
- Build strong and positive relationships with clients
- Drive your own development over the course of your training contract with support from your supervisors and others, identifying skill gaps and areas for improvement
- Time record accurately and manage time efficiently
- Complete the Professional Skills Course alongside training contract
- Maintain SRA standards and ethics at all times
Practice Skills Standards
You will be exposed to and will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Advocacy and oral presentation
- Case and transaction management
- Client care and practice support
- Communication skills
- Dispute resolution
- Interviewing and advising
- Legal research
You will be:
- An excellent communicator
- Commercially minded
- Ready to be challenged
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Approachable and supportive of colleagues
- Open to and willing to act on constructive criticism
- Good academics, including a minimum 2:2 undergraduate degree
- Have completed the LPC
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience working in a law firm as a paralegal/legal assistant would be desirable
Click here to view a PDF of this vacancy.