Areas of expertise
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunals
- Upper Tier Tribunal
- Education, Health and Care Plans
- Judicial Review
- Higher Needs Funding Policy
- Disability Discrimination
- SENDIST: Decisions made on pupils during Special Education Needs and Disability Tribunals, advising on appeals made to the First Tier Tribunal.
- Upper Tier Tribunal: Advice on appeals in respect of SENDIST decisions to the Upper Tier Tribunal.
- EHCPs: Advice on EHCP document and on appeals of the contents, which sets out the plan for education, health and care needs and necessary support.
- Collating documents: Organising and collating the documents you need for appeals and tribunals.
- Drafting Responses: Assisting with the drafting of responses to appeals to SEND related claims.
- Witness Statements: Arranging and assisting with the organisation of witness statements which in many cases is crucial evidence.
- Judicial Review: Advice on judicial reviews from start to finish of challenges on decisions or actions made.
- Higher Needs Funding Policy: Advising on funding and appeals to the allocation of funding for SEND and Alternative Provision students.
- Disability Discrimination: Defending cases, complaints and claims of disability discrimination directly or indirectly which took place in an education setting.