Privacy NoticeThis Privacy Notice explains what personal information (data) about you we, Invicta Law, will hold, how we collect it, and how we will use that information. We are required to notify you of this under data protection legislation. Please ensure that you read this Notice and any other similar Notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you. Invicta Law is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 10079679 and its registered office is at 1 Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4YT. Our Data Protection Officer is Adam Halsey. He can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter at Invicta Law, 1 Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4YT.
Data protection principlesWe will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our data protection policy.
What personal information is collectedWe may collect the following information about you as a client or potential client:-
- Name and job title
- Contact information, including email address and telephone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Usage of our website
Using your personal informationPersonal Information you supply to us may be used in a number of ways, for example:-
- To contact you to provide the legal advice and support which you request
- To verify your identity
- In keeping records of the work we have done
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To send you promotional emails about the services and products we provide, if you so wish
- For fraud prevention
MarketingWe would like to send you information about products and services which may be of interest to you. If you consent to being sent such information, you will be free to opt out at any time in the future. When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- opt in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post;
- opt in to receive marketing communications from our third party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
- sending an email to email@example.com ;
- writing to us at Invicta Law, 1 Abbey Wood Road, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4YT.
Legal basis for using your personal informationWe have a legitimate interest in providing legal services to clients. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal data as a client as it is necessary for us to do so in order to be able contact you and to provide legal services to you. The processing is of a clear benefit both to us and to you; there is a limited privacy impact on you; and you should reasonably expect us to use your personal data in this business context, in particular as you have provided us with your personal data for this purpose. We also have a legitimate interest in the prevention of fraud, and the prevention of fraud also benefits society more widely. We will rely on your consent, if given, to our using your personal information for marketing purposes.
Your data subject rightsYou have the following rights with regard to the personal information we hold on you:
- the right to request a copy of your personal information without charge
- the right to have any inaccuracies in your personal information corrected
- the right to request that we erase your personal information if we were not entitled under the law to process it or it is no longer necessary to process it for the purpose it was collected
- while you are requesting that your personal information is corrected or erased or are contesting the lawfulness of our processing, the right to apply for its use to be restricted while the application is made
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest to do so and you think that your rights and interests outweigh our own and you wish us to stop
- the right to object if we process your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing
- the right to obtain from us a copy of all personal information which you have provided to us, providing processing of this information is based on your consent or on a contract, and providing the processing is carried out by automated means. Where technically feasible, you can request to have the information transmitted directly to another data controller
- the right not to be subjected to automated decision-making (with some exceptions).