Spending public money is rarely straightforward. The challenges you face have never been greater as you seek to deliver maximum value while remaining compliant, and minimise risk while exploring new ways to procure goods and services. To help you achieve this our Corporate and Commercial team, led by Head of Group Christopher Ryan offers leading expertise, commercial acumen and a service that itself represents exceptional value.
Our team advises on a wide range of contracts and procurement issues:
- The negotiation and drafting of contracts for works, goods and services, software, IT, joint use, consultancy, partnership, funding and grant agreements
- NHS/PCT agreements
- Data protection and confidentiality agreements and social services
- Pre-litigation contractual disputes
- Renegotiation of current contracts and all aspects of procurement, both in-house and EU regulation, including framework agreements, the evaluation of tender packs, all 2015 Regulations procedures, advice and preparation of all types of notices, PINS and OJEU Notices
- Construction: JCT and NEC contracts and bespoke Z clauses
- Bonds, Parent Company Guarantees and Collateral Warranties, Deed of Variation of Design and Build Contract and Development Agreements, especially for new schools
- Charities advice on altering or adopting objects and gaining Charity Commission permission
- Parish councils and other unincorporated bodies on the choices of legal entities available if they become charities or Co-operative or Community Benefit Societies
- Company law: setting up companies, JVCs, CICs and LLPs, draft governance, shareholder agreements, articles and memorandum of association, directors' roles and responsibilities, including registration.
- We have created numerous local authority companies (including Invicta Law) and have drafted all associated documents for their governance and administration.
- Local government charging and trading as well as Teckal companies and all the ramifications of the 2015 Regulations on local authority companies
- IT contracts, including escrow and data sharing agreements
- Intellectual Property, including website reviews, web services terms and conditions, copyright, trademarks and databases
- State Aid, including de minimis provisions and capital funding
- Academy conversions, including advice, negotiation and drafting of transfer agreements and pensions. We have dealt with more than 150 conversions to date.
Finally, like all teams at Invicta Law we are committed to training and have recently provided client training on the Pension Regulations 2014, the Procurement Regulations 2015 the Care Act 2014.